Mile High

AZ_wrestlinFan#1

I am at Mile High and yes Sunnyside is dominating. Liberty, Show Low, and Marana Mt View will prob end up wrapping up the next 3 spots. I am not sure Mt View is wrestling with their full lineup and I know Show Low is not wrestling 3 of their weight classes with their Varsity yet. I think Liberty is though and I think D2 state will go to Liberty with Marana Mt View right there close behind them.
I cant speak for other teams in D1 as I dont know them as well as D3 but in my opinion Sunnyside wins DI state handily. I am sure Chandler and Cibola will show up well but I dont think they can take SS. Cibola I think has better chance because they can push more 1s and 2s from their section into state than maybe Chandler.

Back to Mile High...if Mordecai makes finals I think ( just my opinion dont hate me) Allen majors him at the least.
The Horizon kid is good too which is why I say "if" Mordecai makes finals.

I am sure Ramos is very good. But in my opinion he needs a signature win in AZ. Maybe he has that. I didnt go through ***** Wrestling enough to see. But Jackson Allen never got any respect until he beat Savage in the state finals his sophomore year. Savage had been in the Pound for pound top 10 rankings until that time and had beaten all other D1 and D2 eventual champs. Ramos needs a win like that in my opinion.

RBY is ridiculous. I totally agree with other poster who said he felt sorry for his opponents.
It makes me wonder how he is able to stay so sharp during the HS season as there is no challenge statewide. His room during practice is probably tougher than any match at any tournament.
Mordecai is in the finals. Majored the Horizon kid 14-5. Mordecai vs Allen for a belt buckle.

I am at Mile High and yes Sunnyside is dominating. Liberty, Show Low, and Marana Mt View will prob end up wrapping up the next 3 spots. I am not sure Mt View is wrestling with their full lineup and I know Show Low is not wrestling 3 of their weight classes with their Varsity yet. I think Liberty is though and I think D2 state will go to Liberty with Marana Mt View right there close behind them.
I cant speak for other teams in D1 as I dont know them as well as D3 but in my opinion Sunnyside wins DI state handily. I am sure Chandler and Cibola will show up well but I dont think they can take SS. Cibola I think has better chance because they can push more 1s and 2s from their section into state than maybe Chandler.

Back to Mile High...if Mordecai makes finals I think ( just my opinion dont hate me) Allen majors him at the least.
The Horizon kid is good too which is why I say "if" Mordecai makes finals.

I am sure Ramos is very good. But in my opinion he needs a signature win in AZ. Maybe he has that. I didnt go through ***** Wrestling enough to see. But Jackson Allen never got any respect until he beat Savage in the state finals his sophomore year. Savage had been in the Pound for pound top 10 rankings until that time and had beaten all other D1 and D2 eventual champs. Ramos needs a win like that in my opinion.

RBY is ridiculous. I totally agree with other poster who said he felt sorry for his opponents.
It makes me wonder how he is able to stay so sharp during the HS season as there is no challenge statewide. His room during practice is probably tougher than any match at any tournament.

RBY has wrestled a total of 1 minute in four matches this weekend. That doesn't even include the finals, which haven't even started yet. Poor Kids!

MatMaid

Boo Hoo! Enough with the poor kids... I’m sure the last thing any of these hard working wrestlers needs is a grown mans pity.

TUMBLEWEED

RBY has wrestled a total of 1 minute in four matches this weekend. That doesn't even include the finals, which haven't even started yet. Poor Kids!
POOR KIDS???
I agree with matMaid and think
Any of those kids should Consider themselves lucky to wrestle someone of that caliber.
That’s how you learn!!

wm201617

Let me eat humble pie about Mordecai. I was wrong about outcome. I wish they could wrestle again though.
SS put a beat down on everyone teamwise. I am also reevaluating my prediction that Liberty barely edges Marana Mt View for D2 state. I think I gotta go with MMV.
I still like Walden, ShowLow and Safford to battle for D3. Yuma very good too.

matman

I must say, I’ve never really been a big fan of D3 & D4. But the mile high changed my perspective on some of these kids. Wow some studs out of there

TUMBLEWEED

Let me eat humble pie about Mordecai. I was wrong about outcome. I wish they could wrestle again though.
SS put a beat down on everyone teamwise. I am also reevaluating my prediction that Liberty barely edges Marana Mt View for D2 state. I think I gotta go with MMV.
Mordecai appeared to have more fuel in his tank. I think that Mordecai wrestled more conservative and could have scored a lot more if he opened up a bit.

A couple of key notes from the weekend, Tucson wrestlers take home 9 out of 14 belt buckles and all 3 OW’s from Prescott.
Two different Tucson wrestlers knock of 3 X state champs, AND the #17 Wildcats beet the #3 Sundevils at basketball

I gotta say, today was a good day.

See ya at Peoria.
Happy and safe NewYear to all

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
Your forgetting about Queen Creek, 6 returning State Placers (2 state champions, 2 runner ups, 4th and 6th placers. They also have the best 132 pounder freshman Seth Fernandez, (just won Moon Valley Invitational) and transfer Wyoming State Placer Jose Aguilar (152) They have some key injuries but all will be ready for sectionals and state. QC is my pick for D2 State Champions