Dallin Thorton Kyle Taylor - IR 4
Jerod Booth Marco Dominguez - MV 4
Anthony Wokasch Benjamin Lind - MV 6
Kyle Goff Jermey Berson - MV 3
Brock Doolen Jacob Mansman - MV 6
Will Jordan Forfeit - MV 6
Mikana Faraoni Taylor Ball - MV 3
Michael Dallas Hunter Alderson - MV 6

Final score MV 46 IR 21 .... MMV has the heavier weights over both IR an SS...

CVCougar

I don't see Klass giving up a pin and I think Calzadillas might sneak out a win. I don't know enough about the big guys, but I say MMV 40-24

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
MVT IR
Bowen Doolen Payton Billings - MMV 3
Randell Anderson Danny Vega - IRR 6
Cyler Rustad Marcus Castillo - IRR 5
Rylan Evans Josiah Kline - IRR 6
Paden Mason Patrick Klass - MMV 4
Kade Williams Alfredo Calzadillas - IRR 4
Dallin Thorton Kyle Taylor - IRR 6
Jerod Booth Marco Dominguez - MMV 3
Anthony Wokasch Benjamin Lind - MMV 6
Kyle Goff Jermey Berson - IRR 3
Brock Doolen Jacob Mansman - IRR 3
Will Jordan Forfeit - MMV 6
Mikana Faraoni Taylor Ball - MMV 3
Michael Dallas Hunter Alderson - MMV 6

I have seen both of these teams live in action and it will be much closer than others think.

MMV 31
IRR 33

East Valley

Can't wait. I think it will be closer too. At least 4 of those matchups will be different. We'll see tomorrow.

TUMBLEWEED

Just hear say.... (From a reliable source)

With addition of Castillo and Kline Chuna could not crack the line up.
Rumor has it that some people are bumping up and Chuna will go 20's..
Not sure who will be bumped. Will be interesting.

bayoubadger

I do not see the need of bumping Booth and Wokasch up. I think MMV 160 would hold their own and Booth would do fine against Taylor. Just my thoughts after having seen both teams in action.

devilfan

Final Mt.View 39 Ironwood Ridge 19

(started at 113)

Vega IR won by pin over Atkinson MV
Rustad MV 5-2 over Cunah
Castillo IR 12-7 over Evans MV
Kline IR 11-0 over Mason MV
Williams MV 6-5 over Calzadillas IR
Taylor 4-3 over Booth MV
Wokash MV pinned Dominuez IR
Peters MV pinned Lind IR
Benson IR 7-1 over Goff MV
Doolan MV 8-4 over Mansman IR
Faroni MV pinned Rasor IR
Jordan MV 9-2 over Ball IR
Dallas MV 3-1 over Alderson IR
Doolan MV pinned Billings IR

Jim ima

devilfan said:
Final Mt.View 39 Ironwood Ridge 19

(started at 113)

Vega IR won by pin over Atkinson MV
Rustad MV 5-2 over Cunah
Castillo IR 12-7 over Evans MV
Kline IR 11-0 over Mason MV
Williams MV 6-5 over Calzadillas IR
Taylor 4-3 over Booth MV
Wokash MV pinned Dominuez IR
Peters MV pinned Lind IR
Benson IR 7-1 over Goff MV
Doolan MV 8-4 over Mansman IR
Faroni MV pinned Rasor IR
Jordan MV 9-2 over Ball IR
Dallas MV 3-1 over Alderson IR
Doolan MV pinned Billings IR

IR lost at 20 5-2. Cunha was up 2-0, with like 15 sec left and Rustad scored 5 to win.

IR was up 5-4 at 38, and got turned with less than 4 sec left to lose.

IR was up 6-4 at 60, got lateralled to his back and pinned with like 20 sec.
Left

If IR wins those they win the dual 28-27. Some great matches, but Mt. Views knows how to win those toss ups, that's why they're the champs. Looked like Mt View just wanted to win more.

devilfan

Playing the what if game goes both ways, Booth led the entire match and gave up points in the last 10 seconds or so to lose at 145. The previous post made it sound like IR was pinned in the last second at 160, the fall was at 4:25. Not sure how 195 would have turned out, but I believe it was scoreless when the IR wrestler slipped and practically fell to his back and was pinned.

IR is very impressive and after having seen them and Sunnyside both wrestled MTV, I'd give IR a slight edge at state over Mt. View with SS 3rd. If Peters continues his strong season for MTV and another wrestler or two steps up, that could easily change. We saw both teams shifting lineups for matchups today, and I'm sure there will be some more weight changes after the start of the year.

Jim ima

It does go both ways, not taking anything away from Mt View, their boys went out and took those wins. They earned them.

4:25? I must remember wrong I thought it was closer to 5:25. Pretty exciting dual, 20, 38, 45, 60?, and Hvy all came down to the wire. MV was 4-1 those matches.

I thought MV wrestled their lineup straight up? What or who was out of place? I did noticeIR moving their kids at 20-32. I was surprised by that 32 match

East Valley

devilfan said:
Playing the what if game goes both ways, Booth led the entire match and gave up points in the last 10 seconds or so to lose at 145. The previous post made it sound like IR was pinned in the last second at 160, the fall was at 4:25. Not sure how 195 would have turned out, but I believe it was scoreless when the IR wrestler slipped and practically fell to his back and was pinned.

IR is very impressive and after having seen them and Sunnyside both wrestled MTV, I'd give IR a slight edge at state over Mt. View with SS 3rd. If Peters continues his strong season for MTV and another wrestler or two steps up, that could easily change. We saw both teams shifting lineups for matchups today, and I'm sure there will be some more weight changes after the start of the year.

Ok let me see if I'm hearing this right. Your saying that the IR 195 pounder slipped & pinned himself. The Mtn View kid had nothing to do with it. Mtn View doubled the points that IR scored but IR wrestled so impressively in the losses that you give IR the slight edge at State over Mtn View? Am I missing something? Mtn View won the dual by 20pts. Last time I checked the scoreboard tells the story. Mtn View had 3 of their best kids sick, & others making hard cuts for Reno tonight. Do you know what that means? Nothing! Patrick Klass is a stud but he wasn't in there tonight. Know what that means? Nothing! Every excuse is nothing more than an excuse. Mtn View & IR both did their best. It didn't go IR's way tonight. The kids fought hard. Mtn View won. Just curious. Why would you give IR the slight edge after that dual?

devilfan

East Valley, don't take my comments wrong, we're rooting for the same team. That was just my opinion. Mt. View got a lot of points from the upper weights and I think it remains to be seen whether anyone above Doolen will contribute at state. I thought IRR had the slight edge in 113-171 with two potential state champs in Vega and Kline. It looks like they have one too many good wrestlers to fit both Cunha and Kass in the lineup. It look liked they shifted a few guys up a weight to strengthen their lineup at 112.

As for 195, the IRR kid did skip and put himself in a vulnerable positon. A Mt. View parent next to me made the comment that he hated to see a match decided like that. I don't think IRR was expecting points at that weight, so it may have turned out that way in the end, but it was an even match at that point.

East Valley

Devilfan, If this is your opinion you are welcome to it. I don't think we are rooting for the same team because you are watching a different team than I am. If you think they (IR) have the advantage 113-170 I personally disagree. I don't share your cynicism over things that "might" happen. Mtn View pins people. They have been that way for the last 3 years. Based on the performance last night. I think IR has the edge at 113, 126 & 132. At 120, 138 & 145 at a minimum is even. 152 Wokasch pinned Dominguez and it wasn't close. What logic are you using for that? 160 at least even (IR got pinned in a close match 6-4) 170 ok he's a returning state finalist. 182 advantage Mtn View. Mtn Views 195 (10-2) & HWT (9-4) have been winning more that they lose with grit. At 220 Will Jordan pinned the previous #1 D1 ranked 220 pounder, beat one of the top contenders at 220 in D2, pinned that beast last night, (That injured IRs 220) He's (12-0) at 220 & oh by the way is currently sitting #1 in the D1 rankings. What are you seeing exactly that says they won't contribute at State?

At present Mtn View has an advantage in the upper weight over SS & IR. (The two teams in the best position to dethrone Mtn View) The upper weights many years are what win it for you. SS & IR are going to beat each other up at the light weights. If you were an Ironwood Ridge homer then your logic would make sense. Yes I think IR is dangerous. Yes I believe they are the team with the best chance to beat Mtn View. Mtn View won the dual last night 39-19 & individually at 106, 120, 138, 152, 160, 182, 195, 220 & HWT with two of their studs losing. I like Mtn Views chances.

As far as the 195 pounder falling down? A bunch of those close matches last night were won because someone made 1 mistake at the wrong time & the other guy capitalized on it. That is wrestling.

donrcovert

They way I see it both teams will have 6 or 7 state placers with each team having a shot at a couple of state champs. It's really going to come down to how far the rest of the individuals go in there brackets. I think Mtn. View has the advantage with better overall team depth I look for a three peat from the Toro's.

devilfan

We are watching and cheering for the same team, but I think you have closer ties than I, so I can't blame you for being defensive. I always enjoy your posts and the insight and info you provide. Good wrestling info is almost impossible to come by these days.

Basis of my opinion on the slight IRR edge was; I believe they return the most points from last years state tourney and added a state champ from Missouri to their lineup. In the 113-171 matches last night, they did have a 19-18 lead. No doubt the Toros are stronger in the upper weights. I'm just taking a wait and see attitude to how things develop as the years go on and how much the big boys are able to contribute at state. After watching Mt. View in December last year, I would have put money on Rustad and Doolen being locks to place at state, but because of various circumstances, we know that didn't happen. It's early in the season, so lets sit back and see how things develop and enjoy the ride.

Not to take anything away from anyone ranked or those who spend the time putting the rankings together but I don't put a lot of faith in the rankings this time of year. Don't get me wrong, I look at them before every match I attend to get an idea of who to look out for on the other team, but they are only compiled by visitors on this board and like our posts, a matter of opinion. I was checking them out this morning and noticed some holes in them (ex Waite of Highland placed last year, isn't ranked, I heard pinned the #6 ranked Chandler wrestler last night). Unfortunately I think the board gets the majority if its input and info from fans of a few schools. Also we haven't had any large individual tournaments yet to gauge things by. After Flowing Wells, I think they're are a pretty accurate reflection of how things stand.

East Valley

Ok devilfan, fair enough. If you are basing it off returning placers I can see that. You might also want to look at point returners from Flowing Wells. It's interesting. The sections will play a part too on who actually makes it to state. I agree a wait and see approach is wise.