MVT and IR lineup?????

TUMBLEWEED

It looks like MMV has a much easier road at sectionals. This should help there seedings at state.

IR and MMV seam to have tougher overall schedules traveling to Reno and Clash. witch can hurt the seedings.
Notice no big trips for SS this year...

As it always does, the more prepared team will win .
Based on what I've seen this year.. I am changing my vote to MMV for the 3 peat!!
Am sure IR will have better luck at D2 next year

whenndoubtchokemout

"when in doubt, chokem out"
EVERYONE wants to crown a champion right now and we are barely in the 3rd week of the season. Everybody is talking about Mesa Mt. View and Ironwood Ridge right now because they have all their studs ready to go since week 1. There are 3 teams that will rise to the occasion when it all MATTERS. (1) Sunnyside (2) Chandler (3) Cibola. All three teams are wrestling without several potential state champions or placers. Nothing matters in December, it all comes together in January and February. DEVILFAN, I don't do realtime rankings, I am aware T. Waite (Highland pinned PinnePinto and it will reflect after this weekend. Both wrestlers will eventually meet up this weekend at the Coyote Open . Its difficult to do the Rankings right now when many will drop down a weight class after Christmas.

Coach P

Playing the what if games.....I will be the first to say SS takes the crown in a very close one....if and only if, Loaiza drops to 108, putting Alcantara back in the line up, Laguna is back at 132 and Tellez also gets it together at 145. Hypothetically speaking, that could mean....
SS has 3 or 4 potential state champs in Loaiza, Bravo, Laguna, and Frias. I would throw Salazar in the bunch but it depends on the Missouri kid from IR...he will probably win it at 126 or 132. IR has 3 or 4 potential champs as well. While Mesa MV only has 2 or 3 potential. I do think it will come down to the upper weights, which MMV has the advantage there. But SS has the most to gain with a line up change....not sure what IR and MMV will look like after xmas, but these changes will be the deciding factor....

East Valley

I think that Mtn View, Sunnyside & Ironwood Ridge are three of the favorite teams at this moment. (Chandler, Cibola, Corona?) I thinks it's very premature to crown individual (& team) Champions at this point. Vega & Bravo-Young ok but beyond that we'll see. I know you are just looking at what ifs. Injuries, weight changes, grades & other events can still happen. We have 2 months. Having 2 or 3 champs doesn't guarantee a title for a team either. Mtn View had 1 last year. Sectional competition also plays a factor. How many kids does a team get in?

I do think SS will be less dinged up than IR or Mtn View. (That's big) IR & Mtn View will be battle tested though. Not sure which schedule is better for a championship? IR just went to NM. (Finished 2nd) Both IR & Mtn View head to Reno & The Clash. To my knowledge SS isn't traveling out of state? I do think that Flowing Wells will tell us a lot. Head to heads, weight changes ect... I know the AIA seeding penalizes teams for going out of state but I'm so glad AZ teams are doing it. It's helping our state out nationally.

Coach P

Not sure why SS would not compete out of state....big mistake. They have the guns so it may weaken their chances. Too bad IR and SS will beat each other up at sectionals....MMV will have a better chance due to this. I know these are all speculations anyway....but still is fun.

East Valley

This year section 1 appears to be one of the toughest? They could beat each other up. While teams people aren't talking enough about like Cibola, Corona & DV may get a lot of kids in! Makes it interesting.

http://www.azpreps365.com/teams/wrestling/d1

Coach P

Wow, didn't even realize Basha, Chandler, and Tucson are all in with IR and SS.....This sectional will be tougher than state in most weights.....

East Valley

There are many unseen factors that go into this that casual fans don't see. Many of us that wrestled or have been around it just bleed the sport. I take my hat off to those coaches, parents & administrators that do it right! I try to look at all the good people are doing. There are a lot giving their lives for the kids!! Sometimes I wish I could go back to just being a casual fan! Haha not likely. People like me, Chokem Out, Tumbleweed & Coach P we are too far gone. 8)

TUMBLEWEED

I see that SS was in NV last week. looks like they lost a nail biter to GreenValley
nevadapreps.com/wrestling/green-valley-wrestlers-rally-nip-sunnyside

not sure what they are doing with their remaining opening.