Sectionals and seeding question

There is no doubt the passion from the coaches, kids and parents is there. The AIA is the problem and if they listened and worked with the stakeholders they could probably improve all sports in AZ, not just wrestling. When you deal with an organization that doesn't respect others and is not willing to work this is the product you get. Instead they sit on their high horse and ignore everyone. This is my insight on why they don't open the information up until the last minute, I have no knowledge, this is strictly a guess; They do not want to have to deal with issues and make mistakes that have been made so they wait until the last minute so it's too late. Ridiculous!! That's it for me. Good luck wrestlers!!

acestallion

I respectfully disagree. The kids in Arizona wrestle just as many matches as kids in other states. There are kids in AZ that have already had 50 matches this season. Sure, the team is limited to the number of tournaments they go to, but the coach could take them to tournaments where they are guaranteed more matches like dual tournaments. So it is less dependent on the rules than the coach. Also, AZ is the ONLY state I have lived in where there are no limits to the amount of coaching he can do and contact he can have in the "off" season. With all that extra time AZ should be full of world class wrestlers, they are not. While there are some world class wrestlers from AZ they come from the schools that have no "off" season.

That's very interesting. Kind of curious what do you mean by no limits. Like are there limits in other states?

bayoubadger

That's very interesting. Kind of curious what do you mean by no limits. Like are there limits in other states?
For instance in WI coaches can only have 5 days of contact over the summer with athletes they will be coaching the following season.