Peoria Results???

Tac

That's why it should be used, I would drive from California if I wasn't hadicaped now!

Jim ima

Top 5 team score going into finals

1. Northview 197.5
2.Corona Del Sol 183.5
3. Sunnyside 155.5
4. Liberty 144
5. Alamosa 136.5

Reactions: LWC

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Finals videos are uploading. Once they are 100% posted to watch we will update here.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Download the full results here for Peoria 2017 Invite.

Thank you to Mike Koury and Sammy Chagolla for helping us get these.

Attachments

• 2017 Peoria Invitational Results.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 268

az_wrestler

after attending the Peoria Tournament...my observation is as followed:
1. Peoria charges admission every session and clears to repay for the finals...so they are making enough $$$ to pay for track or other type of wrestling info like it..Tucson MS state doesn't use track and anyone can view the finals or atleast get bracket updates.
2. the Ybarra kid was very good and rankings at all wt classes should be redone.
3. sunny side was without some starters 1 was at 120lbs..
the good:
1. nice venue I could see any match from the stands, unlike FW
2. well run and always up to date, but I had to drive across town to watch, staff was tops, and very helpful making it well run.
3. Will FW be the indicator about state, because it has CDS, SS, Queen Creek and Marana Mt. View?
any other contenders or feed back be my guest and add.

BKramer

Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but if someone from Peoria wants to contact me offline, I can provide the script that we have used the past several years for Tucson State to upload results every 10 minutes or so. It is fast and easy...you just need a website to post them to. We would be happy to share anything and everything.

Brett Kramer

bayoubadger

after attending the Peoria Tournament...my observation is as followed:
1. Peoria charges admission every session and clears to repay for the finals...so they are making enough $$$ to pay for track or other type of wrestling info like it..Tucson MS state doesn't use track and anyone can view the finals or atleast get bracket updates.
2. the Ybarra kid was very good and rankings at all wt classes should be redone.
3. sunny side was without some starters 1 was at 120lbs..
the good:
1. nice venue I could see any match from the stands, unlike FW
2. well run and always up to date, but I had to drive across town to watch, staff was tops, and very helpful making it well run.
3. Will FW be the indicator about state, because it has CDS, SS, Queen Creek and Marana Mt. View?
any other contenders or feed back be my guest and add.

SS was without 3 starters. Backups did not score many points. Would have passed CDS in team standings with them wrestling.
All 3 will be back for state.

Da dude

Honestly, I agree with bayoubadger. SS was missing a few starters that could have made it to the semis or finals. They didn't look real strong in the upper weight classes and that is where they were missing a couple of there studs. Rumors say they might have them back at Flowing Wells...the Ybarra kid & the 113 lb. kid definitely look good enough to make a deep run at state

Would have, could have, please, enough with excuses. CDS did better on the mats, they had some guys out too. And when will Arizona start having tournament directors that understand seeding and accomplishments of wrestlers that bust their butts traveling all over and laying it on the line against the best wrestlers. It doesn't really matter for the top wrestlers they will make it through no matter where they are seeded but some wrestlers get screwed when the seeding's are not accurate.

bayoubadger

Would have, could have, please, enough with excuses. CDS did better on the mats, they had some guys out too. And when will Arizona start having tournament directors that understand seeding and accomplishments of wrestlers that bust their butts traveling all over and laying it on the line against the best wrestlers. It doesn't really matter for the top wrestlers they will make it through no matter where they are seeded but some wrestlers get screwed when the seeding's are not accurate.

Not making excuses. Was trying to show that while CDS was the better team on January 4 they may not be the better team come February 11. What is it that you want the tournament directors to do? Use subjective criteria over objective criteria? Sure it lends itself to coaches sitting guys in meets so they can have a better record for seeding at state, but that will work itself out on the mat at state. You can't argue that because the losses are to an out of state kid because if is impossible to objectively quantify how much, if any, better the out of state competition is. A loss is a loss.

Infielder

In the old days ( before Leon) it didn't matter who Sunnyside took, they would win most of the time. When's the last time they won Peoria? Flowing Wells? State? The past has passed. It's sad! They now wrestle for 2nd and 3rd in team pts. They had some TOUGH kids come out of that room! They had State Champions determined by wrestleoffs, often. Now the old timers don't even feel welcomed, in the room. Pisses me off!

bayoubadger

In the old days ( before Leon) it didn't matter who Sunnyside took, they would win most of the time. When's the last time they won Peoria? Flowing Wells? State? The past has passed. It's sad! They now wrestle for 2nd and 3rd in team pts. They had some TOUGH kids come out of that room! They had State Champions determined by wrestleoffs, often. Now the old timers don't even feel welcomed, in the room. Pisses me off!
While it is clear that Sunnyside was tough back in the day. The fact that they don't win every tournament they wrestle in says more about the quality of wrestling in AZ than it does about the state of Sunnyside wrestling. Arizona wrestling as a whole has improved substantially over the last decade.

I'm done with the SS vs. CDS talk. It will be decided on the mats when the time comes, as it did this last weekend. As far as the seeding's, I'm not sure what is the perfect scenario but when you have a Fargo All-American and Peoria Invitational winner in the same weight class and the Peoria winner placer gets a higher seed there is something wrong. That is my opinion and it will never change. Like I said it doesn't hurt the better wrestler, he will make it further anyway. Who it hurts is the kid that has to wrestle the all American first or second round because the seeding's are ridiculous. Good luck the rest of the season to all wrestlers, they all work really hard!!

Da dude

I don't have a dog in the fight. All I'm going off of is facts. The way each team performed was impressive. But if I had to bet my money it would still be on SS. Very close score, but time will tell. And the seeding is definitely an issue!! They had the Ybarra kid from SS definitely ranked wrong. And I also agree with az_wrestler about changing the rankings for all weight classes!

SincityMario

While we dont have as many talented kids in Nevada, this continues to be a great tourney for our team. My two in particular learned quickly that what they continually get away with in Vegas, doesn't work against better quality opponents. #trackwrestling

Sunnyside won Peoria last year. Also won Flowing Wells and State in 2013. Runner up every year after.

Infielder

The state has improved talent wise, but not substantially. My point is that S.S. has weakened substantially. Hopefully they get some of these kids back in the lineup soon.