Weekend Wars

MingusCoach

Staff member
A lot of coaches have been asking about this coming season, Weekend Wars. This year’s 2015 scheduled dates are:
March 21st, April 4th, 18th, May 2nd, 16th, 30th, June 27th, July 11th, 25th, August 8th, 22nd, September 5th, 19th

Attachments

• Camp Verde Weekend Wars Release.doc
    57.9 KB · Views: 430

MingusCoach

Staff member
Re: Weekend Wars 2015

The Weekend Wars date of June 13th was removed because Camp Verde will be attending The 6th annual Spartan Summer Duals (was the Arbor View Summer Duals) on June 12th-13th

F

FHDad

Do you have something you can post so I can print it and pass it out to the parents of my High School Team?

MingusCoach

Staff member

A lot of coaches have been asking about this coming season, Weekend Wars. This year’s 2015 scheduled dates are:
March 21st, April 4th, 18th, May 2nd, 16th, 30th, June 27th, July 11th, 25th, August 8th, 22nd, September 5th, 19th

What benefit is there for kids to drive up to Camp Verde?
This is the place for quality mat time during the off season. The tournament attracts many serious contenders from throughout Arizona and from out of state. Anybody that’s a serious wrestler, practices and participates in Summer tournaments as preparation for the Winter season. Each wrestler who attends is given the opportunity to wrestle up to five matches. This is a big draw for other teams statewide, as well as teams from out of state, who face the same dilemma, which is the lack of wrestling competition. Nonstop grappling takes place on seven mats and by the end of the day there is an abundance of mat burns, a few bloody noses, but a wealth of wrestling experience for each athlete that makes the trip to Camp Verde.

Many kids perform hours of practice throughout the week in preparation to attend New Breeds, “Weekend Wars” tournaments. Their reward is to do battle with another dedicated young champion, pushing each other to even greater heights. Kids that wish to move up another level in their wrestling skills, can ask any coach for technical advice. I guarantee before the day is over, if you wrestled against the best, they will have helped you expose the weaknesses you must work on. Many coaches and parents come together to create a motivational environment most conducive to the wrestlers success. We measure and motivate them; and so they leave here highly inspired with an attitude to excel.

Wrestlers who do not participate in our Weekend Wars, lose valuable mat time, opportunities for receiving critical technical advice, and miss out coming together with individuals from various races, economic backgrounds, and different styles of wrestling quality levels. All of this free of charge!

Everything is free. All we want is mat time for all kids. I highly recommend it to anyone that wishes to move up another level in their wrestling skills. Weigh-in starts at 7:00AM. Folkstyle Wrestling starts at 8:15 AM (three one minute periods) and usually finishes by noon. We would like parents and coaches to ensure that all your kids sign a waiver (see attached). You must bring a waiver every week. For those of you who have been asking how they can help support these weekend wars, I could really use help with refereeing and a case of water bottles. Once again thanks to all the Coaches and Parents who support this function. Many kids thanked us for putting on Weekend Wars for them. Many kids are benefiting from all our collaborative efforts as a brotherhood.

Wrestlers- Three one minute periods of Folkstyle competition. Kindergarten thru high school. Tons of kids show up in every weight class. No lifting in the air. All wrestlers should bring their own white athletic tape and wrestling shoes. (singlet’s and head gear are optional) You must sign the attached release form. Weigh-ins start at 7:00 AM and wrestling commences at 8:15 AM. Please don’t be late as this only holds up everything.

Just a reminder, please have your wrestlers bring their own, white tape, nose plugs, band aids and med kit. I cannot afford to supply all of Arizona's medical needs. Contrary to rumors circulating. I did not receive a "Stimulus" package from Obama.

If you are using Map Quest, use 321 W Apache Trail, Camp Verde AZ 86322 as your destination.
Thank you Coach Chagolla

Attachments

57.9 KB · Views: 128

MingusCoach

Staff member

WOW! is the best way to describe state wrestling this year. Numerous quantities of the state placers, worked hard over the off-season, getting over a hundred matches. They participated in the Weekend Wars.

Coaches have been thanking Camp Verde for providing the free quality mat time. They said this was their best year with many of their wrestlers already having achieved their personal goals.

It goes without saying that those competitors who compete against quality wrestlers in the off-season, will prevail in the winter season. Life is a series of choices that lead to your destiny. Remember that you are in the driver’s seat in your journey. Make the right choices and life can be rewarding.

I encourage those of you that have not yet joined in on the fun at Weekend Wars, to please come and see for yourself what the excitement is all about.

Thank you
Coach Chagolla

smalltown

Posting an update to Weekend Wars schedule for Coach Chagolla:

Added to May 2nd Weekend Wars-Camp Verde New Breed wrestling is hosting a free clinic featuring Carolyn Webster from Wrestling Prep in California. Carolyn and her crew will put on a free clinic from 8am til 10am and then open wrestling will begin. Wrestling Prep emphasizes technique and body leveraging for wrestlers of all ages and skill levels. This is the second year wrestling prep has come to Camp Verde and we are so excited to have them back!
Wrestling Prep has generously donated one week at Wrestling Prep summer camp to be raffled off. (A $320.00/week camp that includes room, board and 6 days of clinic is Sacramento Ca). We'll be selling tickets at $5.00/each at Weekend Wars; winning ticket to be draw at first WW in June. Put this one on your calendars, you won't be disappointed.

MingusCoach

Staff member

A reporter who attended last year had this to say.

Wrestling Prep seminar gives wrestlers new tricks

Carolyn Wester talks to the wrestlers attending Weekend Wars. VVN/Travis Guy
Carolyn Wester talks to the wrestlers attending Weekend Wars. VVN/Travis Guy

Welch shows how simply adjusting the back foot on a sprawl to a 90-degree angle flexes the leg muscles and makes it very hard to be taken down by Allred. VVN/Travis Guy
Welch shows how simply adjusting the back foot on a sprawl to a 90-degree angle flexes the leg muscles and makes it very hard to be taken down by Allred. VVN/Travis Guy

Travis Guy
Sports Reporter

Weekend Wars is, as New Breed Wrestling head coach Mario Chagolla once put it, "wrestling's best kept secret."

"I consider myself blessed today," Chagolla said. "I am so pleased that she (Carolyn Wester) was able to put off training some of the Olympic champions that she is training to come over here and help us out. And I'll tell you what, I heard from a lot of people all the benefits that you would reap and this is unbelievable."

Always one to help grow Arizona wrestling and improve all wrestlers, not just his state championship Cowboys, Camp Verde was able to bring in two instructors for a special seminar before the weekly tournament.

The San Jose, Calif. based Wrestling Prep, headed up by Carolyn Wester, ventured to Camp Verde for an interesting and different seminar that surprised the 30-year wrestling vet.

Wester, a Kentucky native, has been around wrestling since high school and involved as a coach for the past 8 years. She specializes in the math of wrestling and body leverage.

The seminar focused on body leverage and scrambling, with Wester breaking down different angles of the legs and body mid move. The Kentucky native showed eager wrestlers simple tweaks like the position of their foot on a shot for better stability or the angle of the knee to not be taken down.

"What she has been able to do, as far as putting into drills, to perfect your shots, she's teaching some things that I've never seen before," Chagolla said. "I'm amazed and I've been doing this for 30 years."

Wester had kids doing a somersault into a double leg, a backwards-somersault into the splits and then a shot and different types of techniques from the bottom to get a reversal with less work than a standup or traditional reversal.

One of the things that amazed Chagolla was her knowledge of wrestlers' center of gravity and how to manipulate it. A basic adjustment of ones hips and they go from constantly being taken down or controlled to a nearly immovable object.

One of the added benefits of having the seminar before Weekend Wars is that immediately after Wester is done teaching, the wrestlers are able to turnaround and apply what they have learned in a highly competitive environment.

"That's exactly what I'm looking forward to," Chagolla said. "Not only are we being taught, but we're going to put it right into a tournament type dual so we can see the kids utilize everything we were just taught."

MingusCoach

Staff member

I can't believe how many requests I have already had inquiring about dates for weekend wars. Looks like this years attendance will be extremely high. Even the elementary weight inquiries are up. Can't wait for it to get started.

If you attend every Weekend Wars, you should easily exceed over 100 matches in the off-season. With those kind of numbers it is inevitable that you will improve.

Arizona is on its way up. Congratulations to one and all. In 2015-2016 I look forward to watching Arizona Wrestling’s quality level rise and advance to a position of excellence. With so many dedicated Coaches, parents and teams, I am confident that those participating in off-season Weekend Wars will again improve in leaps and bounds finding themselves at the top of the State podium.

Thank you
Coach Chagolla

MingusCoach

Staff member

Many years in the making, our wrestling room has already provided support to over 15,000 kids, from all over Arizona, New Mexico, Washington, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and California. It amazes me how popular and enormous this event has become. It’s absolutely gratifying when you see hundreds of parents and coaches get together bi-monthly and spend quality time with their kids.

Just a reminder that Weekend Wars is coming up soon. March 21st will be the first one, so mark it on your calendar.

MingusCoach

Staff member

In a lot of cases today most kids are raised by single parents or Grandparents who, in the twilight of their years now find themselves raising kids again. So we must all work together to create a motivational environment most conducive to our children’s success. We as a community must become mentors. We must play an important role as an architect and builder in the art of teaching our children. We must help them excel in all that they do, so they can look forward to a brighter future, full of many wonderful and exciting opportunities.
This is the main reason why Camp Verde New Breed Wrestling, opens their doors for Weekend Wars. It all began with kids who could not afford to participate in events that only the wealthy could afford. It’s our desire to provide mentorship to youth at risk, to measure and motivate them while we encourage Fathers to participate in their child’s learning agenda.
Our dream is to provide kids with opportunities in the activity of wrestling while teaching them life success skills. Success isn’t defined by the trophies our kids earn. It’s the focus, discipline and perseverance the sport fosters in the youth and the life lessons it teaches them. Our philosophy is built on principles and standards that embrace integrity, respect, hard work, character, focus, discipline, goal setting, perseverance and sacrifice. These are the characteristics they need to be successful on the mat, in school and in the workplace. These are the traits that will help prepare them for whatever life will send their way.

"I wouldn't want to work with any other kids," They're appreciative because they don't have much. I've taught for both the upper class and the lower class, and I've gotten more satisfaction from coaching those who were less fortunate, less talented and less educated than I did from working with those who had it all.

To see the miraculous transformation of individuals from the time they enter 2nd grade to the day they graduate, and to know I was a part of that change, is the most gratifying and remarkable feeling.

I know, that coaching is my ministry and that Camp Verde Wrestling is my mission field. I went into coaching and teaching to make a difference and to change lives. It's just as important to teach them to live life well and be able to find the Lord as it is to teach mathematics and English. If people really go into teaching to change lives, they need to go to a place where there are kids that are hurting and kids that are in pain. My hope as a coach and educator is to see kids succeed.

MingusCoach

Staff member

Great news Grand Canyon University will present a free wrestling clinic on April 4th at Weekend Wars. (See attached)

On behalf of myself, my coaching staff and the entire Camp Verde Wrestling program we are honored to host this free clinic. My compliments to the Grand Canyon University Staff for donating their time to kids in all our communities.

All are welcome. Come on up and join in on the fun!

Attachments

• CV Clinic 2015.pdf
    61.7 KB · Views: 123
  • CV Clinic 2015.pdf
    61.7 KB · Views: 73

MingusCoach

Staff member

It was a great turn out this weekend. A lot of quality matches. 7 or 8 state champions were in attendance. Everyone had a great time. Within 4 hours many wrestlers got 10 or matches. Parents were very excited and confirmed that they will continue to come and support this program.

MingusCoach

Staff member

What began in Camp Verde as one overwhelmingly successful event, (Weekend Wars) has evolved into a series of numerous spectacular Mat time Wars hosting kids from all over Arizona and kids from out of state. Since its inception we have offered our services to 18,000 kids ranging from 5 years to 18 years of age. This Saturday was another great weekend.

The tournament attracted many teams and individuals from throughout Arizona. Coaches and parents brought their kids from Mingus, St. Johns, Apollo, Perry, Show Low, Camp Verde, Snowflake, Chin Valley, Marcos De Niza, Eclipse, Maryvale, Phoenix, Glendale, Fight ready, Golden Eagles, Horizon, Falcons, Cottonwood, Coconino, Kingman, Sandra Day O’Conner, Cornville, Desert Shadows, Bourgade, Clarkdale, Daniel Bright, Christ Lutheran, Carl Hayden, Heritage, Fountain Hills, and Wittmann.

Most wrestlers pushed themselves and were able to obtain 10 plus matches today. There were many great match ups. Our wrestling program is much more than a wrestling room. It is a classroom of champions and future leaders. It is a place to find inspiration, guidance, and support, as well as special satisfaction. All the coaches are committed to nurturing at-risk youth athletes through the sport of wrestling. We recognize the value of sports in helping kids to develop a sense of independence and confidence, which promotes a positive self-image. Clearly, the sport of wrestling is an ideal platform from which to instill a sense of personal achievement, as well as to teach the value of teamwork through cooperation and competition.

Many thanks to Stacey Barker, Tracy Tudor, Rudy Galaviz from Flag Tee Factory t shirt, Charlie from Sol-Air, Gabriel Chagolla, Camp Verde Journal, Josh McReynolds, Jack Young, Dan Harkins of Harkins Theatres, Jonora Mejia of Verde Valley Ambulance CO, John McReynolds, Greg Elmer Bashas’ food store, Camp Verde Bugle, Camp Verde School District, Bill Schwartz from Bashas’, Bill Geyer of BG Automotive, Salt River Materials Group (Phoenix Cement), Ron and Lori Paul of Paul Insurance Agency, Brenda Mann Harrison of Safeco Insurance Agent Giving Program and most importantly the Lord Jesus Christ.

MingusCoach

Staff member

Just a reminder that Weekend Wars is on this coming Saturday.
Great news Grand Canyon University will present a free wrestling clinic on April 4th at Weekend Wars. (See attached)

On behalf of myself, my coaching staff and the entire Camp Verde Wrestling program we are honored to host this free clinic. My compliments to the Grand Canyon University Staff for donating their time to kids in all our communities.

All are welcome. Come on up and join in on the fun!
Date and Location:
April 4, 2015
321 W Apache Trail
Camp Verde AZ 86322

Schedule:
8:00am – 9:00am Technique Session I (Coach Sioredas)
9:00am – 10:00am Technique Session II (Coach Stith)
10:00am – Noon or until you get 5 matches (Weekend Wars)

Everything is free. All we want is mat time for all kids. I highly recommend it to anyone that wishes to move up another level in their wrestling skills. Weigh-in starts at 7:00AM. Folkstyle Wrestling starts at 8:00 AM (three one minute periods) and usually finishes by noon. We would like parents and coaches to ensure that all your kids sign a waiver (see attached). You must bring a waiver every week. For those of you who have been asking how they can help support these weekend wars, I could really use help with refereeing and a case of water bottles. Once again thanks to all the Coaches and Parents who support this function. Many kids thanked us for putting on Weekend Wars for them. Many kids are benefiting from all our collaborative efforts as a brotherhood.

Wrestlers- Three one minute periods of Folkstyle competition. Kindergarten thru high school. Tons of kids show up in every weight class. No lifting in the air. All wrestlers should bring their own white athletic tape and wrestling shoes. (singlet’s and head gear are optional) You must sign the attached release form. Weigh-ins start at 7:00 AM and wrestling commences at 8:00 AM. Please don’t be late as this only holds up everything.

Just a reminder, please have your wrestlers bring their own, white tape, nose plugs, band aids and med kit. I cannot afford to supply all of Arizona's medical needs. Contrary to rumors circulating. I did not receive a "Stimulus" package from Obama.

If you are using Map Quest, use 321 W Apache Trail, Camp Verde AZ 86322 as your destination.
Thank you Coach Chagolla

MingusCoach

Staff member

I recommend that every body come in early to get the day started off. Weigh ins start at 7am. We will start out the day 7:30 with getting organized for the days events and get a couple of all star takedown matches before introduction of GCU staff and their clinic. The clinic will end at 10 am sharp at which time Weekend Wars starts right on time. The GCU staff will stick around to answer questions. Feel free to come up and talk to them while the rest of the group proceeds to get mat time.

Thank you Coach Chagolla

MingusCoach

Staff member

I was extremely pleased with the attendance for Weekend Wars this past Saturday. They came from all four corners of Arizona to participate in the days activities. Grand Canyon University’s Head Coach Jon Sioredas and Coach Brian Stith were in attendance and presented a free wrestling clinic to those economically less fortunate to attend costly camps.
Their individual involvement by having volunteered many hours of their life thus far in helping their peers and serving their community has improved the quality of life in Arizona Wrestling. Both of these men accomplished all this without personal gain or benefit, but yet provided our parents and our children with an opportunity to find identity and confidence. Their shared knowledge was greatly appreciated by all those in attendance. Many Coaches who brought kids had great comments about both Coaches presentations.
I urge all wrestlers to attend their Wrestling camps. Clearly Coach Sioredas and Coach Stith are good people with an ever positive attitude, a faith in their peers, an enthusiastic spirit and demonstrate a loyalty to their community.

MingusCoach

Staff member

Just a reminder, Weekend Wars is on this Saturday.
Everything is free. All we want is mat time for all kids. I highly recommend it to anyone that wishes to move up another level in their wrestling skills. Weigh-in starts at 7:00AM. Folkstyle Wrestling starts at 8:00 AM (three one minute periods) and usually finishes by noon. We would like parents and coaches to ensure that all your kids sign a waiver (see attached). You must bring a waiver every week. For those of you who have been asking how they can help support these weekend wars, I could really use help with refereeing and a case of water bottles. Once again thanks to all the Coaches and Parents who support this function. Many kids thanked us for putting on Weekend Wars for them. Many kids are benefiting from all our collaborative efforts as a brotherhood.

Wrestlers- Three one minute periods of Folkstyle competition. Kindergarten thru high school. Tons of kids show up in every weight class. No lifting in the air. All wrestlers should bring their own white athletic tape and wrestling shoes. (singlet’s and head gear are optional) You must sign the attached release form. Weigh-ins start at 7:00 AM and wrestling commences at 8:00 AM. Please don’t be late as this only holds up everything.

The attendance numbers have grown thus far. With the increase in numbers, the quality levels have also risen. The event has led to matches equal or tougher than those at the state level. This past weekend’s tournament was a great success, presenting many opportunities for kids to test their skills. Unbelievable! Is the best way to describe several matches. I still can’t stop thinking about it the following week. With champion-like qualities of courage, fortitude, determination, tenacity and perseverance, many wrestlers are proving that if you dedicate yourself and work hard, you will succeed.
Many other coaches/organizations are now opening their doors. This is absolutely outstanding. Needless to say, Arizona is on its way up. Congratulations to one and all. In 2015, I look forward to watching Arizona Wrestling’s quality level rise and advance to a position of excellence. With so many dedicated Coaches, parents and teams, I am confident that those participating in off-season Weekend Wars will again improve in leaps and bounds finding themselves at the top of the State podium.

Thank you
Coach Chagolla

Attachments

57.9 KB · Views: 48

MingusCoach

Staff member

My biggest accomplishment as a coach is in giving children direction in life and seeing them when they grow up to be successful. My proudest moment has been watching my wrestlers graduating from colleges and/or serving their country. Wrestling has inspired them and given them the power to realize their dreams. They have learned to open their eyes and focus on the world of accelerating change and to deal with the uncertainty of that change. The life skills they have obtained will help them rise to the challenge of the world they now face. They recognize and understand that: It is not the education that is valuable, but how they utilize that education to benefit themselves and others. And equally important, their education has given them the confidence to believe in themselves, to believe that one-day they will accomplish things that others thought impossible.

I commend all the parents and coaches who have volunteered bringing kids up to Weekend Wars. It is efforts like yours that have a huge impact on kids today. Your willingness to provide kids with quality time and provide the support system they need is commendable. You are a person of distinction and honor, and have taken on the mantel of leadership and distinguished yourself.

Thank you
Coach Chagolla

MingusCoach

Staff member

In attendance this weekend was, Basha, Coconino, Winslow, Prescott, Mingus, Werewolf’s, Dysart, Grindhouse, Bear club, Camp Verde, Apollo, Peoria, Eclipse, Horizon, Heritage, Flagstaff, Paradise Valley, Chino Valley, Mountain View Marana, Sandra Day O’Conner, Bradshaw Mountain, Maryvale, Liberty, Ironwood, Sunrise Mountain, Cactus Shadows, Cornville, Cottonwood, Joy Christian, Payne Jr. high, Christ Lutheran, Tolleson, Stetson Hills, Mountain Ridge, West Valley Christian, Clarkdale, Oak Creek, West Wind, Desert Oasis, Chandler, Patterson Elementary and Del Rio. Many kids averaged over eleven matches for the day. The quality of wrestling was impressive.

I would like to thank all the Coaches for their contributions to Weekend Wars. We appreciate your invaluable support in helping us develop Weekend Wars into one of the best Off-season quality Mat time programs around.

We could never have achieved so much without coaches like yourselves. It is through your kindness and desire to help kids in the community that truly impresses me. I am truly touched by your generosity, your spirit, and willingness to go out of your way to help kids. You are real Mentors. I am indeed lucky to have friends like you in my life. Thank you again for being so thoughtful in your support.

Coach Mario Chagolla

MingusCoach

Staff member

I am happy to announce that Carolyn Wester and staff will be returning to our May 2nd Weekend Wars to present a free clinic covering “Wrestling Prep’s” Body leveraging technique series. There will be no charge. Her presentation will start at 8AM to 9:30AM. Then we go straight to wrestling. So don’t be late. For those of you looking to enhance your skills, you do not want to miss out on this great opportunity.
Carolyn Wester, MIT Grad and head coach at California based Wrestling Prep, has developed a series of exercises that are designed to develop not only strength, flexibility, balance, and explosiveness, but also revolve around positions and skills that are at the core of wrestling.
“Carolyn’s coaching is superb, especially concerning teaching technique. She has this uncanny ability to break complex technique down to basic movements and positions, which makes these high-level moves accessible to all wrestlers”

Carolyn Wester and Wrestling Preps significant stats

212 Wrestlers in College

48 Wrestlers in Graduate School

438 Scholarships and or Financial Assitance Given

22,000 Matches Wrestled Summer 2013 in Q3 (June thru Aug)

1384 Wresters at WP SJ Facility

2944 Wrestlers at WP SJ Facility in past 12 months

14 Match Nites (no cost)

44 Open Rooms (no cost)

4 CA CIF State Champs, 5 CA CIF State Finalists, 23 CA CIF State Placers

State Champs or Placers in MO, AZ, OR, VA

Champions, AA’s or Placers 2013 Journeymen, 2013 Clovis World Challenge, 2013 Freak Show, 2013 Super 32, 2013 JJ Classic, 2013 Walsh Jesuit Ironman, 2013 Zinken, 2013 Reno TOC, 2014 Doc B’s, 2014 Tim Brown, 2014 Temecula, 2014 5 Counties, 2014 Mid Cals, 2014 CA CIF, 2014 MO State, 2014 AZ State, 2014 VA State, 2014 OR State, 2014 SCWAY Grade State, 2014 CA USA Grade State, 2014 NHSCA, 2014 Flo Nationals, 2014 USA Folkstyle Nationals, 2014 Vegas

Competed in 18 Off Season Tournaments at HS Level Across CA and the Nation

234 SAT / ACT Assistance Given

11 International Wrestlers Sponsored

Reference from Hayes Rollins

June 15, 2013

Wrestling Prep is an awesome place to go and gain a new family, improve your wrestling skills and have a lot of fun doing it.

From the second Carolyn picked me up from the airport, I could feel the love that she had for me. She introduced me to a bunch of the wrestlers and they were all friendly and treated me as if I was one of their friends already. There is no place a friendly as Wrestling Prep.

My wrestling improved so quickly because of the coaching style. They didn’t focus on coaching mass amounts of technique. They focused on getting each kid good at their own style of wrestling. As every coach and wrestler knows, one move doesn’t always work for every wrestler. Carolyn knows this. She never tried to change my style of wrestling, she just tried to get me to perfect certain things and be more proficient at what I already knew.

One thing that Carolyn focuses on is flexibility. When I started at her camp she said I was by far, one of the most inflexible wrestlers she had ever seen, but after two weeks, that completely changed. My flexibility increased because of her warm-up routine. I took this routine back to my high school team because it worked great for me.

Carolyn is very knowledgeable about nutrition and the way the body works. She stresses eating healthy, drinking tons of water and staying away from the sweets. After being with Carolyn and her boys, I started carrying around a gallon jug of water with me every day and it made such a difference in my ability to cut weight. She really knows what she is talking about!

At camp I had the opportunity to wrestle some of the best wrestlers in California. Carolyn always gets the best technicians for her camp. Jason Welsh was doing the clinic the week I was there. We traveled to Fresno for a Saturday morning tournament which was good exposure. Friday night and Sunday wrestling is outstanding! Kids from all over come for open room.

The summer camp at Wrestling Prep is by far the best and most fun wrestling camp I’ve been to! There is good competition for all levels of wrestlers which produces great matches and a fun time.

Carolyn invited me to go to Super 32 in North Carolina and to Flonationals in Pennsylvania with her club. This invitation opened up an opportunity to experience wrestling at the national level which was a great experience!

She also invited me to attend the Wrestling Prep end of the year banquet which was amazing! I sat at a table with Jason Welsh, a Californian 3X state champ and 3X college All-American; Shawn Bunch a 5X USA world team member; Todd Andre who will going to Oklahoma State to wrestle next year, thanks to Carolyn; Emilio Saavedra who is currently ranked 4th in the nation at 126lbs; Alex Aniciete a 3X Nevada state champ who will be wrestling UVU next year. It’s amazing who Carolyn knows and who she has associated with over the years. Carolyn is always surrounded by the best!

I have only known Carolyn for one year, but I feel like I have known her my whole life! She has had such a positive impact on my life! I am a better wrestler because of her coaching ability and she makes me want to be a better person because of her example and the way she treats everyone.

Sincerely,

Hayes Rollins